Calling all interior design, home improvement, and DIY bloggers! Chic Home Life is looking for guest bloggers and needs your content! We are a growing site looking to make an impact on the world by providing useful information for weekend warriors, like you, and we need your help.
Submit your best, most informative content to us for immediate review.
Before you do, please read the. . .
- Must be at least 1000 words
- Must be original (we’ll check with Copyscape)
- Can’t have more than 2 outbound links (one to your site and one to a social profile)
- Self-serving links are only allowed in a bio at the end of the article
- Those links should be topically related to the article
- You must provide an author bio image that is square and at least 300x300px.
- Articles should be well formatted with bulleted lists or sub-headings
- Articles should be written by authors whose native language is English
- Articles should be proofread for spelling and grammar mistakes
- Articles should include images and/or video.
- Images must be properly attributed.
- Make sure that you submit the HTML version of the article that includes all of your formatting and images. The easier you make this for us, the more likely your article will be accepted!
- Oh yeah, one more thing. Please make sure the article goes into some depth on your topic.
- We will prioritize articles that come from the actual expert or the person that is passionate about their content.
- Formulaic content/requests from link building companies and agencies will likely be ignored. If you say you like our content here, go beyond the article title token your outreach software places in your message…
Things That Guarantee Rejection
- Thin content – make sure that it looks like you took time to think about the topic in some depth and it answers most of the questions (if applicable) that someone would have on the topic you submit. We prefer that an article goes into detail on a single subject to one that glosses over 5.
- Keyword Density – If your article is trying to stuff a keyword unnecessarily into every paragraph, it will be rejected. It’s not 2005…
- Spun Content – If you used some sort of article spinner/re-writer to make the article “unique”, it will be rejected.
- Questionable Links – If you are linking to sites that have nothing to do with the content of the article or if the sites are “shady” (our discretion).
- If it looks like you are forcing a keyword to get a link.
- Anything that doesn’t pass muster.
If there will be any video or images included, make sure you send the article with all HTML in .txt format or include the image URL in the email. We reserve the right to make edits to the article including adding links to internal resources.
If your article fits these quality guidelines then feel free to contact us using the form below:
If we have accepted your article, we will contact you to let you know within a couple of days of approval. We get a lot of requests and WILL NOT RESPOND to status update questions.