There is nothing like finishing a long day of work and having the opportunity to sit back and relax with family, right? I know that’s one of my guilty pleasures. My second guilty pleasure is relaxing in our outdoor living space while enjoying a yummy cocktail. How about you? If your answer is yes, then you are in for a great treat!
Today, I will show you how I make my mouth-watering strawberry Moscow mule that I have been sharing a lot on Instagram @chichomelife. Are you ready to get started? Let’s go because my mouth is watering already!
1. Let’s Grab Those Yummy Ingredients!
Alright friends, this recipe is very simple to make, yay! I love easy recipes that are quick to make, and I mean quick! Less than 10 minutes per glass. Below you will find a grocery list of the items needed before you get started.
Supplies and Ingredient list
- Goslings Ginger beer
- Simple Syrup
- Short tumbler glass or copper mug (traditional Mule)
- Red Cocktail Straws
- Pairing knife
- A tablespoon or a Double Jigger
2. Let The Cocktail Making Begin
Now, that you have your supplies lets begin with the first step of this recipe. Slice up 2 strawberries and place them at the bottom of your tumbler (aka glass) Once you have them in the glass begin to muddle your strawberries with a muddler. What’s a muddled? Well, according to Wikipedia, “a muddler is a bartender’s tool, used like a pestle to mash or muddle fruits, herbs, and spices in the bottom of a glass to release their flavor.” How cool is that?
3. Pour In Yummy Liquids & Mix
After muddling your fruit, it will be time to combine your liquids: the ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup into a measuring cup and mix. Once you have mixed your liquids together, good ahead and pour the liquids into the glass with the muddled strawberries. Tip: Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes in order to get the flavors to settle together. (So good!!)
4. Garnish, Serve & Relax
Now that your drink has settled for a bit you can now add ice and my favorite part, garnish! I love garnishing drinks, they look so pretty, right? Take a strawberry and cute halfway through it and add it to the rim of your glass. Then add your final touches with a spring of fresh mint and a red cocktail straw to match. Then, my friends, you are ready to sit back and drink!
5. Cheers & Enjoy
Well, friends, I hope that you’ve enjoyed this simple recipe share as much as I loved sharing it with you. My goal is to help make your evenings at home fun and enjoyable. I hope that you give this recipe a try and if you do let me know your thoughts. Until then, tell me what’s your favorite cocktail at the moment by leaving me a comment below.
How to make a Mouth-watering Strawberry Moscow Mule
You can easily turn this cocktail into a non-alcoholic drink by omitting the vodka. It will still taste delicious and refreshing.
When picking up your strawberries I recommend going to a farmers market or using hydroponically grown fruits. They are sweeter in taste.
- 2 Strawberries, sliced and muddled
- 4 oz. Ginger Beer
- 3 Tbs vodka
- 2 Tbs simple syrup
- 1 Tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Fresh Mint for Garnish
- 1 Strawberry slit halfway for garnish
- Slice the strawberries and place them into your short tumbler or traditional copper mug. I love glassware with this recipe because you can see the gorgeous colored drink.
- Begin to use a muddled and muddle the strawberries into small pieces.
- Mix together your ginger beer, vodka, simple syrup, and lime juice in a measuring cup and pour your liquids into the short tumbler.
- Now you are ready to add ice and garnish away. You can even add a red cocktail straw to match your drink.